Sunday, August 5, 2007

Thrift Store Shopping

I don't need a thing, but thrift stores are so much fun to visit. I found this store on Selma Avenue the other day, and it is operated by SisterHood Ministries. Proceeds go toward a girls' ranch that they want to build for Dallas and surrounding counties. The shop was full of yard-sale and better finds...party dresses, dishes, figurines, troll dolls (remember those?), costume jewelry, lampshades, books, pictures and just lots of nostalgic bric-a-brac. Maybe I'll go back.

4 comments:

Gerald (SK14) said...

"Charity shops" is what we call them in the UK - lovely places

annulla said...

Thrift store shopping is the best. I've done some volunteering at a charity thrift store in my neighborhood, and the best part is sorting through the treasures as they arrive. Just as much fun as buying them (well, almost) and a whole lot cheaper.

Blather From Brooklyn

Elaine in the World said...

Thanks for coming on my post. I love visiting thrift shops in cities that I visit. Thanks for showing me your.

Gretchen said...

I love thrift stores. Never know what you'll find.

Yes, I remember Troll dolls! Does that show my age? :)