Monday, October 22, 2007

Autumn Comes Softly

Autumn comes softly to central Alabama and pretty much stays that way! Occasionally, there's a vivid tree here or there, and evergreen pines tend to dominate landscapes. I was lucky to catch this pair of colorful leaves in my backyard. The ginkgo leaf on the left is turning color early, and with lots of rain expected Tuesday, the tree might be bare by Wednesday! I hope not, but almost every year, as soon as my prize autumn tree turns gold, the leaves just drop. So I took pictures today.

12 comments:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

great shot!

www.photo-effe.com said...

very nice automn photo

Lynette said...

I love this photo because I know it meant so much to you to get it before the tree is bare. And I'm so glad to read that rain is forecast. That's wonderful news.

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful leaves! I do love fall! Hope the rain comes for you.... we got some last night... but not nearly enough.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Lovely fall color, nice capture! :-D

Marie said...

Beautiful photo. Is it really raining today?

Janet said...

Rain, yes, we got rain!
We also got some severe weather and tornado sirens going off in the middle of the night. But all is well here. The tree still has most of its leaves, and there are some green ones yet to turn yellow. So I plan to capture it for you when the sun returns. Thanks for the comments.

Fruity said...

Autumn is a nice time to take pictures. The changing of the colors, hues and lights
Fruity

Janet said...

Hi Fruity, Thanks for visiting my Selma blog. Now if the sun would shine again, I will get a few autumn color foliage photos!

smilnsigh said...

Very lovely photograph.

We get more bright colors, here. But 'tis the same all over... We all have to rush to catch photos of lovely Fall leaves. Before rain/wind bring them down.

Mari-Nanci

Isadora said...

did you arrange those leaves or did they just happen to be like that? No matter, incredible colors and shapes. What a visual delight.

Janet said...

Hi Isdadora. The leaves just happened to be like that...no arranging done!