Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Picket Fences

You can chat across the picket fences at one of Selma's newest gift shops, or you can nap on the porch's picket swinging bed! Purchase picket plank birdhouses or a variety of other local homemade crafts...pillows, soap, honey, baby and children's items, vintage kitchen towels and dishes like the ones your grandmother had. Picket Fences is located on Church Street, and the proprietor's husband not only makes houses for the birds but primitive furniture for people.

13 comments:

marley said...

Sounds like a neat little shop!

Halcyon said...

This shop looks really cute. I would love to take a nap on that picket bed right now. :)

Joy said...

That looks like a lovely place! Reminds me of the show Picket Fences, too :)

Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo.

joy
A Pinay In England
Your Love Coach
The Goddess In You
Norwich Daily Photo

Jilly said...

Looks really nice. I like that the husband makes homes for the birds.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

this makes me so ready for summer!

Annie said...

It's picturesque. I'd hurry in to see what I could see.

Pat said...

I so love picket fences. So this is a little shot I'd be sure to visit if I were in your area. Thanks!


Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

Chris said...

The shop looks very cute! I hope she does well. This is not a good time for small business.

isa said...

In Naples, the name would be changed to "Iron Gates" ;-)

Southern Heart said...

I love picket fences, and fun shops, so I would love this place! Nice photo capturing all of that at once. :)

smilnsigh said...

I love it!

And we have a Church St. in my town also. :-)

'Miss Mari-Nanci'

Jim Klenke said...

How neat, so many ideas.

Troop 1309 said...

What a fun shop. I love checking out little shops like that.