From the McKinnon-Riggs Office in Heritage Park, Sturdivant Hall's original kitchen
(now gift shop) is reflected through the windows of its front porch.
Heritage Village features 19th Century structures on Historic Society property
across the side street from the Sturdivant Hall Museum. Area artisans
will demonstrate their crafts at the park during the Historic Selma Pilgrimage
March 16 and 17, 2012. Crafts will include pottery, soap making from goat milk,
quilting and sewing with early 20th Century machines, and basket weaving.
The office was moved here from Pleasant Hill in 1981.
It was used by H.B. Boynton as a law office from 1852 until 1871,
by Dr. Kenneth McKinnon as a doctor's office from 1871 until 1904,
by Dr. S.W. Riggs from 1905 until 1945 and by Dr. William Staggers
during the 1950s.
Early medical equipment and supplies are exhibited inside.
Posted to Weekend Reflections Blog Meme