Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October Theme Day (Lines)

October's Theme Day is LINES, and these are the bold brush strokes of an impressionistic painting by Cam Walker, and the painting just happens to be on one of Selma's butterfly sculptures. Her theme is the migration of impressionism, and the sculpture's base will reflect more of that idea.

Cam is an art teacher and was recently recognized for other works at the Selma Art Guild Summer Art Show.

The butterflies are almost ready for the big unveiling... October 9 at 5 p.m.!

To view the LINEUP from around the world...
Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

20 comments:

Kathleen McQueen Wright said...

Cool Pastels
Looking forward to seeing it

Tanya Breese said...

Great use of lines! I'm sure we'll be able to view the unveiling?! Happy Theme Day :)

Jim Klenke said...

I love the colors she used.

Livio Bonino said...

Very nice coloured shot!

ft. lauderdale daily photo said...

Oh, I love this photo. And it is a beautiful interpretation of the Lines theme.

Kate said...

Wow! This has to be the most abstract and colourful post today. Love it! Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Halcyon said...

Lovely choice. I guess we'll be seeing the entire work tomorrow? :)

Hope said...

I love the colors...the pastels are just beautiful! And this is perfect for the lines theme!

Virginia said...

Bravo Cam. Lovely artwork and great addition to THeme Day RR!

Jilly said...

Just fabulous! Great take on today's theme. What wondrous colours.

Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

LOVED IT!!!!!! GREAT CHOICE!!!!!!!

Gerald (SK14) said...

a great interpretation of the theme - I was going to say unique but someone else has done something similar.

kuanyin333 said...

Wow! Stunning photo and art!

marley said...

Lovely abstract painting and cool shades of colours.

Marcel said...

I love the colors!

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

I love the colors!

Hilda said...

Ooh, I love, love the colors and her bold brush strokes!

Can't wait to see her butterflies — you will be posting a pic, right? :)

Happy theme day!

Janet said...

Oh yes, Tanya, I will get pictures of the unveiling!

Bernie said...

Wow! That is spectacular!

selma.ghost.cat said...

she was my art teacher. sweet lady. i'm glad she got to do one of the butterflies