Saturday, October 20, 2007

Big Game Tonight


There's a big Tiger fight in Louisiana tonight when the underdog Auburn University Tigers battle the Louisiana State Tigers in college football. The game could have been bigger had Kentucky not handed then No. 1 LSU its first defeat last week. Tonight could be its second defeat.

This Auburn flag was photographed at Riverfront Market Day. Selma is an Auburn bastion, partly because it's the hometown of legendary Auburn Coach Ralph "Shug" Jordan, who coached opposite Alabama's Paul "Bear" Bryant back when I was in school. College football is much, much bigger than pro football in these parts.

Update: LSU beat Auburn 30-24 at the end of the game on a gutsy touchdown pass.
Congratulations to the Bengal Tigers!

11 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, you are rubbing it in good here.

Janet said...

Hi Annie.
Ummmm, not really! Just getting into the spirit of the game! Actually, while I am an Auburn grad, I grew up near Tuscaloosa and have supported the Crimson Tide all my life. I pull for Auburn EXCEPT when they play Alabama...believe it or not!

Marie said...

There is a big game in Paris also tonight: it is the final of the Rugby World Cup. South Africa is winning, I think.

Jules said...

Marie - yes Sth Africa won - well done!!!

Good luck to both sides in the big game rambling round - I am not biased at all!!!!

Chris said...

I'm watching the game as I surf CDP!! Unfortunately, just as I opened your site, LSU scored to take the lead - 23-17. However, there are more than 8 minutes left!!

Should I mention that Ohio State (went to grad school there) won today?

Chris said...

Had to post this in reply to my previous post. . .3:21, and Auburn just scored to take the lead again! Go, Tigers!

Janet said...

HI Chris, I'm up still watching too, and LSU just scored the winning TD! This one was one for the record books. Too bad my team lost, but what a great game, especially that final TD pass. Unbelievable!
My congratulations to the Bengal Tigers!

Janet said...

Chris, congratulations to Ohio State too! I think they are one of just a few with a perfect record.

Chris said...

I couldn't believe LSU scored again! Good grief! I was really pulling for Auburn! Oh, well. . . .

Steve Buser said...

Looks like we were on opposite sides of the field on this one. I can believe I stayed up to the end of the game.

--steve buser
New Orleans Daily Photo

Janet said...

HI Steve, Congrats to your team! I still can't believe LSU went for the TD rather than a field goal at the end. Anyhow, when LSU wins the SEC championship, I'll be supporting them.