Friday, March 15, 2013

Tales from the Graveyard

The residents of Selma's Old Live Oak Cemetery cordially invite you 
to their peaceful retreat tonight to hear their tales of glory and woe!  

From Civil War generals to Reconstruction congressmen, Abe Lincoln's sister-in-law
 and famous artists and educators,  our town's former citizens will tell how they 
contributed to American history. 

Join them at the cemetery for tours at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.

And be sure and close the cemetery gates when you leave!

8 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

that sounds fun! are you going?

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I love thus dort of thing. Do you plan to attend?

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

What an eerie but exciting tour! I'm sure there will be a few good stories there! Pretty photo!

Lowell said...

As an historian, I would find this extremely fascinating.

Nice photo, too! Love that splash of color!

Amy Burzese said...

It does sound like fun. I like the photo too.

hamilton said...

I am sorry to have missed this.
we have cemetery tours, but it is pretty casual compared to this event!

Kate said...

I've found that the cemeteries, often attached to the church property, here in the South much more interesting than those I visit in the Midwest.

Linda said...

Romantic scene... nice job with the color!