Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Nightmare on Church Street


If trick or treaters wanted candy at this residence on Church Street, they had to brave the weirdo in the camo!

Now, I wonder if the monster had to brave the trick or treaters! When my children were small, one of them dressed as a robot and carried a toy robot claw. When we stopped at a neighbor's house, a "ghoul" was sitting in the yard holding the candy bag, and before I knew it, my little robot walked up and hit him over the head with the claw to see if he was real! He was, and I believe that ended his ghoulish game!

Photo by Jacque Johnson

5 comments:

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

You are as fired up about Halloween, fall, pumpkins are we have been! Great slice of Americana photos here! Contrats on 100K visits to your blog!

Jim Klenke said...

You had a smart kid.

Lois said...

That guy is pretty scary! We went to a couple of houses trick or treating with my grandkids and they refused to go to the door because they were scared. The grownups had to be the brave ones and go get the candy!

Halcyon said...

Funny story!! I'm sure that one has been told several times in your family. :D

Antjas said...

Thanks for visiting today. Anyone in camo is scary. My brother is a big hunter and he is on the hunt this week (deer) no doubt entirely clad in camo.