Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Flea Market Finds



A few trips to the flea market/antique malls around Selma show some common trends. The country look that was popular for so long seems definitely out, but there's a market for these pedestal, pub-type tables and stools.

I've seen so many novelty duck decorations from the 70s and 80s that I wonder how they will ever sell, and today's 20-something Americans prefer a more sophisticated style, furnishings and accessories with European flair, particularly Mediterranean.

3 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

I think that stuff has gone out of style around here also. Just visit First Monday in Canton.

Lowell said...

Flea markets and antique shops are a lot of fun...my only problem is that nothing looks antique to me...I mean that's my stuff!

Janet said...

Hi Jacob, It's MY stuff too! LOL