A sprawling oak tree surrounded by lush ground cover forms the foreground for a salvaged section of the 1910 Dallas County Courthouse. The architecture featured columns and arched windows. A view of the original structure can be found at the Selma Historic Postcards link here. The clock tower collapsed in 1957, and most of the exterior was remodeled with synthetic marble. Most recently, stucco was added, and the building changed colors from green to cream.
Historically, the courthouse was the scene of voter registration drives and marches during the 1960's Voting Rights Movement.