Monday, February 20, 2012

Siegel's Servants Quarters

Most of the little houses like this one have long ago been torn down,
 but the Siegel's Servants Quarters has a home in Heritage Village.
 Built around 1900, the building is on the Historic Register.

 Historic Village is the project of the
 Selma-Dallas County Historic Preservation Society. 
Several small, historic structures were moved to this site. 
The village is annually featured on the Selma Pilgrimage,
 and this year will feature demonstrations of early crafts such as 
basket weaving, pottery, quilting and soap making.
 (I hear that there may be a few chickens and goats too!) 

9 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

what a pretty little building....sounds like a place i'd love!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little cottage! I can't wait to see the soap making. I love stuff like that. - And, yes, sheepsheads are good eating! I like my blackened with Mojo Caribbean Seasoning. Yum!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Nice little cottage there. Is that an original color? I like the green.

Janet said...

bfarr, I don't know, but I like the green too.

Alexander said...

I think it is always great and important to conserve our heritage. It's history lessons for our future generations. Very nice little building.

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Meghan said...

Too cute! I'm glad there are places like this that let kids (and adults!) get a hands-on history lesson.

EG CameraGirl said...

I wonder if the servants' quarters looked that good way back when they were really servants' quarters. :)

Janet said...

EG, Knowing the Siegel family, most likely this house looked even better. :)

Anonymous said...

What a charming house.