Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Arrives at the Art Guild


Saturday was the first day of spring, and it arrived in full bloom at the Selma Art Guild. The early spring blooms seem more prolific than usual, and perhaps we can thank all the rain for that!

After Pilgrimage tours closed at 5 p.m., the Art Guild remained open for a two-hour "Wet Paint" sale, freshly painted art of Selma sites by the Alabama Plein Air Artists. They painted the town "en plein air" all day Friday and Saturday, stationed at homes on tour and other historic sites.

Pilgrimage continues today with Ashford, Churchview and the Kenan House open as well as the Selma Art Guild, Arts Revive, Sturdivant Hall, Church Street United Methodist Church, Vaughan-Smitherman Museum, Old Depot Museum and Kenan's Mill.

To view more Pilgrimage pictures, please click on the Pilgrimage 2010 link on the sidebar.

7 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Hurrah for Spring!


It's snowing here btw.

Rose said...

I hope everyone enlarges this phot...feels like you can just step right into it. It is wonderful.

Janet said...

Thanks, Rose.

Steffe, after a couple of 70-degree days, it's much colder today with a chance of snow north of here.

Lowell said...

I'm inundated with color...glorious spring colors! Just beautiful! Snow! Good grief!

Halcyon said...

Such pretty blossoms! Did you get any snow this weekend? We did, although it pretty much melted in the air. Strange times...

Lessie said...

What a beautiful mixture of flowers!

evision said...

I visited to this site and I want do work in my home and I got money and I my doing work online so this blog is very helpful for me


work from home