Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Inside the Office

Step into the office!
Here's an interior view of the antebellum plantation office in yesterday's post. The office is location on the grounds of Sturdivant Hall.

Let's see. In the corner on the left, we have the desk and ledger. Next, there's the overseer's desk and journal, and to the far right are the beaten biscuit table with a dough bowl and biscuit beater. (I guess that would be similar to the modern office kitchen!) Just come on in and have a seat in front of the fireplace. Coffee and biscuits will soon be ready!

7 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

I love the inside. I wish I could see the picture above the mantel better, looks interesting!

Hope said...

The blue walls were a surprise, but very pretty!

Halcyon said...

I love touring the old plantations and such. Life was so different back then.

Thanks for giving us a look inside this one!

ginger said...

Wow this blue is gorgeous.

crittoria said...

I would love some coffee and biscuits while we discuss prices for the crops...

david mcmahon said...

Biscuits? I'm there ....

Steve Buser said...

Neat. All the modern refinements.