Thursday, November 29, 2007

Kingston's Ginkgo Tree

Hope y'all don't mind one more ginkgo tree! This one is the most beautiful that I've seen yet, and it stands majestically in front of this post-Civil War, Italianate home. So, I just had to stop and take its picture! The home, Kingston, once was owned by former Confederate Capt. Joseph F. Johnston, who later became governor of Alabama and a U.S. senator. Later, it was owned by a prominent Selma physician. This showplace was featured a few years ago on HGTV's "If Walls Could Talk." Now, HGTV will soon be returning to Selma and is actively seeking homes with interesting histories and artifacts.

11 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

The tree and house look beautiful. The color is great.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

Wow! That's beautiful!

Ioanna said...

I love all the trees in autumn! Their leaves have the most wonderful colors!

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous photo! Thanks for your comment on Glasgow DP, it was nice to have you visit :)

GMG said...

The tree is beautiful, but the picture is absolutely stunning! Great way to start a weekend, enjoying good things of life...

Kerri Farley said...

I never tire of TREES! and what a beautiful home!

Curly said...

Impressive foliage on this Japanese tree?

I fancied a bit of that pumpkin cake too!

smilnsigh said...

Yes, a simply beautiful tree!

And a simply beautiful home too. I hope you'll get a chance to pass by again, and maybe give us more looks at the old home. I love it!

Mari-Nanci

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi elma,

NOH not me! I don't complaining at all! I love those great trees and the colour wow!!

I Just want to let you know that: I POSTED TODAY (FRIDAY) again 3 more HUGH works of the LOUVRE on my blog, a slide- show with 34 photo's and 8 collages, also a close-up of the MONA LISA, so please watch it :)

Have a great weekend! :)

JoAnn:)

kuanyin333 said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

Janet said...

Thank you all for your wonderful and encouraging comments! My server has been down today, so I am just now reading them all.