Friday, November 9, 2007

Little Lost Cat


Trick or Treat? This little black and orange calico has been wandering our neighborhood since before Halloween, peeping in windows and patiently waiting at doors hoping to be fed or let inside. She arrived on our back steps one night as I called my cats. Until last week, we thought she belonged to one of the neighbors; after all, she's wearing a collar, and practically everybody has pets around here. Then, when she kept getting skinnier and acting more desperate and we started asking around, nobody claimed her. Meanwhile, dogs have chased her, and other cats have swatted her. So, we put an ad in the Lost and Found section of the newspaper, posted her photo at the vets' offices and checked with the animal shelter to see if anyone had reported her missing. So far...nothing. We hope she's just lost and didn't get put out by people who think others will just take her in. Anyhow, I thought she deserved a decent portrait for all the trouble she's been through!

10 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Such a pretty cat. I would have to start feeding it. Of course thats why we have 2 porch cats now. We at least have had them fixed.

Janet said...

Hi Jim, When I checked around, some neighbors were feeding her. She was going from house to house to get food. She's getting cared for now. We just hope to find her family.

Lynette said...

She's gorgeous and blessed to have people who care about her.

Lara said...

nice to see that people take care of the little creature! we are also cat owners (shall I better say "owned by our cat"? :) ).

Annie said...

Look at her pretty eyes. She has obviously decided your place is a good place for her to be - perhaps you will decide the same thing?

Jilly said...

She's such a gorgeous little cat. Eyes matching her collar! I hope you find the owner soon. Or keep her!

Chris said...

I am highly allergic to cats, or I might take the poor thing. Of course, Decker (my male Welsh Terrier) might not like that idea too much. Thank heaven she's safe.

Kerri Farley said...

She is beautiful! What a nice gesture for you to try to help her out!

Sorry I haven't been around commenting lately.... was away for the weekend and trying to catch up.

Halcyon said...

Awww... poor kitty! I hope you find her owners.

smilnsigh said...

Is there a happy ending to this story?????

Mari-Nanci