is housed in this renovated 1880 building on the corner of Broad Street and Water Avenue.
Formerly People's Bank & Trust, the structure's Italianate style
is demonstrated by the arched windows and curved corner.
Originally, it also had a two-story, wraparound cast-iron gallery.
After housing numerous businesses including a hardware store,
law offices and insurance offices, boards were removed
from the windows in 2010 for its renovation as the regional
civil rights visitor center operated by the National Park Service.