Sunday, July 22, 2007

Selma Historic Tour Map

You are here, right by the red star. HERE is Water Avenue, and this giant, historic tour map is posted in a window so that visitors can plan their Selma itinerary. The color-coded map shows you where to find the Old Towne District (blue), the Ice House district (green), the Riverview District (yellow), and the Water Avenue district (red). Numbers give locations for major tourist sites. What could be more convenient!
I see that my photo also caught a reflection of the street lamp and buildings across the street.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That map is a good idea for larger cities. When you are in a dinky city like mine you can get lost but that is because the original streets are not aligned with anything.

Abraham Lincoln
Inspired? See what inspired me today.
Brookville Daily Photo

Two Moons Over Earth

Annie said...

Ah, now I see where I am. That's the way I like to see a place, with a map in my hands and my feet at the ready.

Z said...

I noticed the reflection of the lamp before I read your text, and at first, I thought it was a tower of some kind. Tricks the mind plays sometimes!

Janet said...

Hey Abe, downtown Selma was laid out by the Selma Land Company of which William Rufus King was a partner. He became a short-lived U.S. vice president. So, that part of town was planned with churches and other needs in mind.

Tara said...

I like the reflection of the elegant streetlight and the building - it adds to the historic district vibe!