Monday, February 8, 2010

Painting the Turret


Painter Ken Suthard, who lives in Selma's Old Town, paints the interior of the turret on the Pitts-Ellwanger-Weerts (PEW) House on Lauderdale Street. The homeowners built the octagonal structure to cover part of their wrap-a-round porch. The PEW House is one of nine that will be open for tours on Selma's Historic Pilgrimage March 18-21. You can find more information about this house at the Pilgrimage website HERE.
Check out the Pilgrimage Facebook page HERE.

8 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

I like the angle, I thought this was an umbrella or something.

Lois said...

I like the color!

Kate said...

If this is an example, I think the tour will be quite outstanding. I, too, that it was an umbrella when I saw it on the portal.

B SQUARED said...

I would love to have something like that on my house. Unfortunately, I could never afford to have it painted.

Judy said...

Beautiful house! I would love to tour it. The color is lovely too.

Halcyon said...

Cool! I guess there are some jobs that can't be outsourched!

EG CameraGirl said...

Wish I couald go on that tour. It promises to be outstanding!

Lowell said...

Nicely composed. I love turrets!