Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ducks in a Hay Field


How wet is it?

It's so wet that ducks have turned a hay field into a home!

This field is located across the highway from the entrance to my neighborhood, and I was so surprised to see ducks swimming here on Friday that I had to take their picture. However, they were too far away for my lens to capture well.

This field has held water most of this winter, and on Thursday/Friday we received 3.5 inches of rain to add to the already soggy earth. In summer, this place is harvested for hay. But in winter, well I guess it's become a duck pond!

4 comments:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Yes, it can stop raining any time now.

Halcyon said...

I guess it's good the land is being used year round! I am sick of all this wet though.

x_pEpPeRoNi_x said...

fitting title for this photo! :)

Lowell said...

Well, I guess you got all your ducks in a row - finally! ;-)