Monday, January 7, 2013

Back to the BCS

There is a Red Tide predicted in Miami tonight as it's back
 to the Bowl Championship college football game for the University of Alabama.
 Can the defending national champions beat the No. 1 Fightin' Irish of Notre Dame?
Bama lost the championship to the Irish by a point 40 years ago. 

As you can tell, Bama merchandise, both handmade and commercial,
 has been hot this year, and this is just a sample from a recent 
Selma arts and crafts sale. From little girls' pinafores to houndstooth hats,
 T-shirts and keychains, fans are declaring their allegiance in high fashion!



9 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

good luck!!

SRQ said...

I haven't been a Nick Saban fan since he left my alma mater (Michigan State) at the alter in 2000 to go to LSU. That being said, I'd rather see 'Bama win than Notre Dame. Must be difficult to avoid the Crimson Tide fever right now where you are.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

My son s a big fan which makes me a an by default.

Janet said...

Barbara, I am the sole Alabama fan in my family although I graduated from Auburn! I was a Bama fan back when Namath was quarterbacked and we lived close to Tuscloosa and went to some of the games...way back when!

TexWisGirl said...

hope your team wins! :)

Jack said...

It is only the second quarter, but so far 'Bama has been romping. It looks like a crimson tidal wave.

Janet said...

Yes Jack, the meteorologists predicted a tidal wave in Miami tonight. :)

Halcyon said...

Isn't Bama merchandise popular every year? I miss the southern rivalries. :)

debisand said...

Several newspapers called it a "Title Wave!"
You just gotta love SEC football...