Saturday, October 2, 2010

Beware of Gators!

Beware of gators!

Not only have alligators taken up residence along the Alabama River, but Gators from Florida are streaming into our state today by car, truck, bus and van. I saw vehicles on U.S. Highway 80  yesterday, and they were flying Florida Gator pennants and likely headed for Tuscaloosa. The No. 7 Florida Gators college football team plays the No. 1 University of Alabama Crimson Tide in a Southeastern Conference matchup tonight at 7 pm CST.

Photograph courtesy of guest photographer Randy Smith (who's been observing and taking pictures of alligators on the river since he got his first boat in the 1970s).  

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had me worried when I began reading your post and I was wondering how long it would take them, slow as they are, to get to Ohio?

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I almost asked on your post yesterday if you have seen any alligators on the banks of the river lately! That is so cool how you came through and I didn't even have to ask. You know, I have also heard that a stray bull shark has been spotted. Cool, but scary stuff. - Rachel

Jack said...

That is a fearsome gator. I will watch with interest how fearsome the rest of the Gators are.

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Perhaps Gators are the new kudzu!!!!

Leif Hagen said...

Yikes! Not a good place to go swimming ...

Janet said...

GDP, That would be an environmental disaster for sure!

Small City Scenes said...

A scary sight---those Gator pennants swimming up the highway. LOL
Neat post. MB

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

LOL, you had me there, I was about to ask if you were getting pythons from FL as well?

PJ said...

Uh oh, I hope there aren't any "altercations".