Monday, November 9, 2009

Yea Alabama!


These Alabama football fans wore their team's colors to the Kenan's Mill Fall Festival on Saturday.

The Southeastern Conference showdown between the University of Alabama and Louisiana State University kicked off just a few hours later, and the Crimson Tide won the SEC West championship with a 24-15 win over the Bengal Tigers. Both teams are ranked in the Bowl Championship Series Top 10, and Bama moved up a notch to No. 2 behind Florida. Alabama and Florida meet in December for the SEC championship game in Atlanta.

In the Deep South, college football is a much bigger sport than professional football.

6 comments:

Halcyon said...

37Roll Tide!

Stefan Jansson said...

Very different from Sweden. Universities over here don't have any teams in any sport as far as I know.

Anonymous said...

I watched part of that game. I am also in agreement that college football is better than most pro ball games.

I am slow on blogging now as I am supposed to be hibernating. I do pretty good most of the time but still get out and about some of the time.

Jim Klenke said...

I had to root against Bama, not that I was for LSU, but I have a coworker who is a Bama fan, and I like to aggravate.

Longhorns will win the National Championship, doesnt matter who is there from the SEC.

Janet said...

OK Jim, we'll see, won't we?

Lowell said...

Go Gators! ;-)