Friday, July 23, 2010

Skywatch Friday, Hot and Hazy


Can you see the heat?

It's just beyond the sun-splashed pines, layering itself across the field between the walking trail and the church. Yes, it's another hot and hazy Skywatch Friday in the Selma/Valley Grande area. We'll consider our scalded earth fortunate if the mercury fails to reach 100 degrees F today!

I know this isn't a very pretty sky, but unless it's raining, this photo captures a Deep South summer in July! To find more dramatic skies, visit www.skyley.blogspot.com.

9 comments:

Rose said...

I don't even have to see it...I feel it all too much! However, I do like this shot.

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

I feel like a wanderer who is at the edge of the clearing, about to reconnect with civilization. The vertical lines add to much ambiance! Love it!

Marie said...

The shot is great. I like the trees and the color of the earth. It is hot here too. Too muggy.

Virginia said...

Alabama, America's Oven. Lordy it rains about 4 drops on my neighborhood everyday . IT's pours all around us somewhere. I don't get it.
V

Janet said...

Virginia, you need to turn on the lawn sprinkler or wash your car! Works as a rainmaker for me almost every time! We got a downpour one day last week about 30 minutes after I turned on the sprinkler.

Halcyon said...

Great minds think alike!

I can definitely see the heat. And we've been feeling it too. I think that Bonnie may bring us some relief though.

Lois said...

What a beautiful perspective! It's the same here.

Joyful said...

A beautiful photo. I can see the haze but the path through the forest looks so lovely. Hot weather is expected here tomorrow and for the next few days. Not sure I want that but it'll come anyway.

indicaspecies said...

I can imagine the serenity of the place...good shot!