Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring blooms in Selma




Spring came a couple of weeks early to Selma this year. Dogwood (above), redbud, wysteria, Bradford pear, forsythia and Japanese magnolia are among the flowering trees and shrubs in bloom.

Record high temperatures in the mid- to upper 80s make March feel more like May.

Maybe the month will go "out like a lamb" since it came in on the 1st "roaring like a lion" with deadly tornadoes in nearby Miller's Ferry and down south in Enterprise.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Nice shot! Welcome to DP.
Tel Aviv Daily Photo

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful photograph of some delicate blossoms that resemble our cherry tree blossoms here where I live in SW Ohio. Nice photo. I hope you are having a ball in this group. I have met some fantastic photographers and even greater story tellers.
720 pixels

Janet said...

Thanks, Mandi.
I will soon visit you at Tel Aviv!

Abe, I love your website. I'm more a writer than a photographer. After seeing your photos, I want a telephoto lens.

Anyhow, your Confederate "sister-in-law" is buried in Selma. She even visited her sister, Mary Todd Lincoln, in D.C. during the Civil War.